Subscribe to RSS Feed

Thursday, April 16, 2009

From the Work Desk



The One Block Wonder quilt continues! As the hexagonal blocks go up on the design wall, I am increasingly happy I chose this wonderful fabric; and that I decided to cut the triangles to 3.75" in height instead of 4". The smaller size gives more of a concentrated punch of design and colour.

And here is the first block from my Fig & Plum (by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda) Mystery Block of the Month project (source: the Quilt Shoppe).
The peach and plum pink colours are not typically those I am drawn to in the quilt stores, but they are beautiful and a real joy to work with. It points up the importance in any creative endeavour of pushing yourself out of your comfort zone both to acquire new skills and a new eye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment